This is a wonderful opportunity for junior members. The program encourages and rewards youth in the selection, purchase and promotion of breeding heifers acquired through the National Sale.
Any AHCA junior who purchases a breeding heifer at the National Sale this year will have the opportunity to be rewarded up to $1000 the following year in Denver.
- The heifer purchased at the AHCA National Sale must be purchased in the junior’s name and remain in that junior’s ownership without interruption throughout the year and be shown at the 2021 National Show in Denver by the junior owner.
- The animal may not be sold to another junior at any time throughout the year or the junior will be not eligible for the Futurity award.
- The junior will be entitled to the cash award by placing Champion or Reserve Champion Breeding Heifer in the Junior Show or by placing Champion or Reserve Champion in their division in the Open Show at the 2021 National Show with the purchased heifer. Only one award per heifer.
- The junior owner must physically show the heifer in order to qualify for the Futurity award.
- The Futurity is not applicable for junior showmanship.
- Futurity premiums will pay out a maximum total of $2000 for qualified enrolled juniors who purchased heifers at the National Sale in Denver the prior year. Premiums shall not exceed $1000 per junior and shall be prorated if there are multiple qualified juniors.
- AHCAj membership forms will be available at the National Sale. Junior purchaser must be enrolled as an AHCAj within five business days of the end of the National Sale to be eligible. Online bidders are encouraged to submit enrollments via email to the AHCA office firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the end of the sale or within five business days of the National Sale to be eligible for the 2021 Futurity award. The Futurity enrollment form is on the back.