Report using the following number codes:
- Animal is exceptionally calm. Offers no resistance to headgate. Exits slowly, may require assistance. If confined, remains calm. Does not flee your presence. If isolated individually, does not appear anxious/concerned.
- Animal is calm. When processed, animal will resist headgate initially but will relax after initial resistance. Animal needs no assistance when exiting. Animal is calm if confined/isolated.
- Animal is calm in most situations. Offers some resistance to headgate. Animal is anxious to leave the chute. When confined, animal is not nervous/remains calm. When isolated individually, animal becomes slightly nervous, does not attempt to exit.
- Animal is calm in most pasture situations. Will become nervous when approached. Is generally nervous when processing. When entering corrals will be high-headed and unmanageable. When confined may tend to circle the pen. When isolated animal will attempt to exit.
- Animal is not calm when approached. Spends considerable time being high-headed. Offers great resistance to headgate/processing. If confined, animal is nervous. Tends to circle. When isolated individually, attempts aggressively to exit. Will attempt to endanger the handler/will “go after you”.