A new and exciting program for juniors to participate in at the 2014 American Highland Cattle Association National Sale! The AHCAj Futurity is a program to encourage and reward youth in the selection, purchase and promotion of breeding heifers acquired through the National Sale.
Any AHCA junior who purchases a breeding heifer at the National Sale this year will have the opportunity to be rewarded up to $1000 the following year in Denver.
- The heifer purchased at the AHCA National Sale must be purchased in the junior’s name and remain in that junior’s ownership without interruption through out the year and be shown at the 2015 National Show in Denver by the junior owner.
- The animal may not be sold to another junior at anytime throughout the year or the junior will be not eligible for the Futurity award.
- The junior will be entitled to the cash award by placing Champion or Reserve Champion Breeding Heifer in the Junior Show or by placing Champion or Reserve Champion in their division in the Open Show at the 2015 National Show with the purchased heifer. Only one award per heifer.
- The junior owner must physically show the heifer in order to qualify for the Futurity award.
- The Futurity is not applicable for junior showmanship.
- Futurity premiums will pay out a maximum total of $2000 for qualified enrolled juniors who purchased heifers at the National Sale in Denver the prior year. Premiums shall not exceed $1000 per junior and shall be prorated if there are multiple qualified juniors.
- AHCAj enrollment forms will be available at the National Sale. Junior purchaser must be enrolled as an AHCAj within five business days of the end of the National Sale to be eligible. Online bidders are encouraged to submit enrollments via email to the AHCA office firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the end of the sale or within five business days of the National Sale to be eligible for the 2015 Futurity award. Futurity enrollment forms will be available online and at the National Sale.
Junior Highland Allegiance Award
The Junior Highland Allegiance Award is presented to an outstanding junior in the American Highland Cattle Association junior membership. This is an annual award and presented yearly at the National Convention.
The sole purpose of the Junior Highland Allegiance Award is to acknowledge AHCA juniors who have gone above and beyond to represent the Highland cattle breed. This award symbolizes their dedication and perseverance in promoting and educating the public about Highland cattle, participation in public venues, research projects and overall participation in the AHCA junior membership.
The creation of this award was not to give another “trophy” to our youth but to encourage others to participate in a way that is constructive and positive to the influence of the Highland breed. Please submit your recommendations to your regional association’s president or any AHCA board member who will forward it to the AHCA National Junior Committee. The recipient will be chosen by the National Junior Committee.
deadline: May 1, 2012
for the Junior Highland Allegiance Nomination Form
AHCAj Heifer Program
This heifer program is designed to instill the values of becoming a good herdsman. The awarded junior will be responsible for the care of the heifer and will have to submit an annual report on the management procedures to the National Junior Committee. He/she will also be responsible to submit a quarterly update to be printed in The Bagpipe on their experiences, etc. with the new heifer. This program is available to all AHCA junior members who are 13-21 years old. Those interested must fill out an application and questionnaire which will be judged by a panel of Highland breeders. All applications are due no later than June 1st. All interested AHCA juniors are encouraged to apply. Questions can be sent to Heather Nelson at email@example.com
AHCAj Heifer Program Application
deadline: June 1, 2012
to download the AHCAj Heifer Program Application
AHCAj Heifer Program Donation Entry Form
deadline: March 30, 2012
to download the AHCAj Heifer Program Donation Entry Form